Surface Finish as Cast.
General purpose of standard on as cast surface finish. For some applications it is desirable to specifiy surface finish requirements. Specification is to classify as cast surface finish of diecastings into a series of grades so that the type of finish required may be defined in advance.
- Surface imperfections (cold shut, blisters, oil flow marks, surface porosity, etc.) not objectionable.
- Some surface imperfections (cold shut, rubs, surface porosity, etc.) not objectionable.
- Slight surface imperfections (cold shut, rubs, surface porosity, etc.), that can be removed by spot polishing not objectionable.
- Surface imperfections, that can be removed by automatic buffing, not objectionable.
- No objectionable surface imperfections that would be highlighted by electro-chemical polishing. Where surface waviness (flatness) noted by light reflection is a reason for rejection, special agreement should be reached.
- Surface finish of no importance
- Protective coatings:
Anodize (non decorative)
Matt or wrinkle finish
- Decorative coatings:
- Structural parts (high stress areas)